Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Even whales do it ...

Stories of team-work and collaboration just keep falling into my lap these days! Guess it's on my mind...

Here's one I stumbled on today - yet another story of individual creatures working together to ensure survival of the group. Today's story is about whales and how they use tag-teaming tactics when hunting.

And just as a side-note, while reading this story I was reminded of another I read a while back about the fossil evidence which suggests that the whale evolved from a wolf-like animal that used to run around on land -- Whales tag-team, wolves hunt in packs ... all kinds of collaboration going on out there in the wild.

Of course, people collaborate too. And just to balance out all the hunting imagery I just gave you, here's a photo of a friend's barn-raising - an activity that is wholly dependent on a slew of collaborating folk, and always seems to involve lots of music and food ...


Styer Barn Raising (mid-lift) by nils_peterson.


(Check out the other photos, and you'll see a barn-house that Nils built. I stayed in it once for a few days when visiting, and fell it love with it. He refused to sell it to me, or anyone else for that matter, but I still like him anyway ;-)

No comments: